Sunday, August 25, 2013

Soooo it's the night before school starts.....


I'm as jittery, excited and nervous as my new Kindergarteners.  For my last day of summer, I woke up super early, made cookies for tomorrow for our snack after we read the Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn, attended the Hot Sauce Festival in Austin and went for an evening swim at my apartment... I'm still not tired enough to sleep.  So I'm posting some pictures from my set up from Meet the Teacher Night and the cookies I made for my adorable Kindergarteners.  Enjoy!

Meet the Teacher Set Up:


Station #1
Supply Choo Choo Train
Parents and Students separate supplies

Station #2
Scrapbook Page
Each student's family creates a scrapbook page for our Classroom book.

Station #3
Great Reading Material :)
Lots of Reading Material for Parents.  Notice the sign below.


 Station #4
The Giving Tree
My classroom wish list displayed on a tree. Parents pick an item to donate. Idea from Pinterest.
 
Welcome to Kindergarten
I placed my info on the board for parents with questions.
I placed my e-mail address on post its, so they could quickly have my e-mail address.
I forgot to take a photo of my student gift table, BUT
in the lower right hand corner you can view my gift sacks,
complete with ribbon and a red apple tag. :)
 
Job Chart
"Basketful of Helpers"
Vista Academy requires each student to have a classroom job.
The apples say the classroom jobs such as line leader, caboose etc.
The clothespins are numbered (I give each student a number.)
I plan to move the clothespins as I switch jobs between my students.
My own original display idea.
 
 


Kissing Hand Cookies
I'm so proud of these!!! I cut each one without a cookie cutter. :)
Idea from my coworker, haven't a clue where she got it from.. probably Pinterest.
 
Wish me luck on my first day... and wish my students a wonderful year! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or two.... :)